Harvard FXB Center director Jennifer Leaning is among the speakers at this one-day symposium to examine the catastrophic public health consequences of climate change and the ways that climate change will increase the risk of conflict, including nuclear war.
- Identify ways in which climate change can lead to conflict and violence.
- Describe the climate disruption that would follow nuclear war.
- List strategies individuals can take to help prevent the health and societal effects of climate change.
- Describe what individuals can do to reduce the nuclear threat.
- Identify the health consequences of climate change and nuclear war.
- Apply scientific expertise to informing policy-makers about the implications of climate change and nuclear war.