Policy Director Alicia Ely Yamin is part of a commission that will report on Brazil’s implementation of Alyne da Silva Pimental v Brazil, a 2008 CEDAW (UN Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women) Committee decision recognizing states’ enforceable obligation to address and reduce maternal mortality. This marks the first time any technical follow-up commission has been engaged in providing expert input of this kind on the decision of an international tribunal or treaty-monitoring body with international recommendations regarding maternal health.
- 03/28Nutrition Governance: A Unified Framework for Undernutrition and Obesity
- 03/30Building Bridges Session 9, Protection for Syrian Refugees: Laws, Policies, and Global Responsibility Sharing
- 04/06Building Bridges Session 11: Trauma and Torture among Syrian Refugees
- 04/09"I Declare at My Own Risk" One-Woman Play, part of Culture Beyond Borders
- 04/10CONFERENCE: Culture Beyond Borders: The Roma Contribution