Policy director Alicia Ely Yamin is part of a verification commission funded by the Center for Reproductive Rights that will report on Brazil’s implementation of a CEDAW decision recognizing states’ immediate, enforceable obligation to address and reduce maternal mortality. This marks the first time any party has followed up with international recommendations regarding maternal health. Below is a timeline of the landmark legal case, Alyne v. Brazil, which precipitated the commission’s investigation.
- 03/28Nutrition Governance: A Unified Framework for Undernutrition and Obesity
- 03/30Building Bridges Session 9, Protection for Syrian Refugees: Laws, Policies, and Global Responsibility Sharing
- 04/06Building Bridges Session 11: Trauma and Torture among Syrian Refugees
- 04/09"I Declare at My Own Risk" One-Woman Play, part of Culture Beyond Borders
- 04/10CONFERENCE: Culture Beyond Borders: The Roma Contribution