The FXB Center’s Intensive Course on Health and Human Rights (ICHHR) will take place at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston, MA from Wednesday, June 4 through Friday, June 6, 2014. Now entering its third year, this three-day intensive program is designed to prepare mid-career professionals in the health, humanitarian, and human rights fields to integrate the concepts, skills, and tools of health and human rights into their professional activities. For further background, please download the ICHHR program description. Registration closes at 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday, May 28th, 2014.
Registration is now closed.
This course will equip decision-makers with the skills necessary to apply methods and practices grounded in essential human rights principles and methods. Small group sessions, receptions, and “topic table” lunches will provide further opportunities for interaction and networking with faculty and fellow participants.
- International Human Rights Law and Systems
- International Humanitarian Law and Systems
- Sexual and Gender-Based Violence
- Child Labor and Human Trafficking
- Refugee and Asylum Settings
- Crisis Early Warning and Use of New Technologies
Who Should Participate?
Professionals, leaders, and scholars advancing the protection, promotion, and fulfillment of health and human rights, especially those responsible for the design and implementation of health-related programs, policies, and research.
- Understand the principles and links between health and human rights in programs, policies, and organizational strategy
- Apply human rights-based frameworks, tools, and methods to participants’ fields of practice
- Evaluate existing health-related policies, programs, and legal instruments through rights-based approaches
- Mobilize colleagues, communities, and resources to achieve positive change by influencing health-related decision-making
Course Tuition and Credit Information:
- For doctors or lawyers, the tuition cost is $1,350 USD.
- For all other participants, the tuition cost is $1,000 USD.
The Harvard School of Public Health is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Harvard School of Public Health designates each educational activity individually for a maximum of 18.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Continuing Legal Education credits are available upon request.
To apply for a subsidized tuition rate, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a short (300 word maximum) statement describing your experience, professional goals, and any special circumstances that we should consider. Please note that scholarship funds are limited and can only be used to support tuition costs.
Applicants will not be enrolled until their tuition is received. Please click “Register Today” to complete your registration. The deadline for registration is Wednesday, May 28, 2014 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Reviews from Past Participants:
- “An absolutely fascinating and mind-expanding course.”
- “I acquired a wealth of understanding that I believe will help me in the pursuit of my desire to run an NGO someday soon.”
- “Priceless access to leaders, experts and innovators in the field — incredible networking opportunities and a great introduction to the field.”