October 19, 2015. Today the Coalition Against Child Poverty, which Harvard FXB Center co-founded in 2014, marks its official launch by co-hosting a United Nations side event on Child Poverty and the SDGs. The event will focus on how the SDGs can help children escape poverty and accelerate efforts to end poverty for all.
A panel discussion on indicators and implementation, organized by the coalition, will be live-streamed today from 1:15-2:30 pm.
Details are as follows:
Moderator: Dr. Agnes Akousa Aidoo, Board of Trustees Member of the African Child Policy Forum
- H.E. Ambassador Ms. Sylvie Lucas, Permanent Representative of Luxembourg to the United Nations
- H.E. Ambassador Mr. Tuvako N. Manongi, Permanent Representative of Tanzania to the United Nations
- Dr. John Scott Andretta, Researcher at Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDA) and member of the board of CONEVAL, Mexico
- Mr. Ted Chaiban, Director of Programmes at UNICEF
- Mr. Richard Morgan, Director of the Child Poverty Global Initiative at Save the Children
For more information see our recent blog.
View the live broadcast.
Follow the conversation on Twitter #ENDchildpoverty.